A body scrub is an integral and inevitable part of skincare. It gets rid of all the dead skin and grime on your body. A good body scrub can give you a blemish-free, soft and silky smooth skin. You can always buy a variety of expensive scrubs from the market. The market bought scrub will not only burn a hole in your pocket but is also full of chemicals.
A simple solution:- Whip up a scrub of your choice at the comfort of your home. They are incredibly effective, extremely budget friendly and a hundred percent natural.
Here is a list of 7 DIY body scrubs that you can whip up in a minute to get silky smooth skin-
1. Coffee Scrub
1 Cup of coffee grinds
1/2 Cup of coconut oil
1/4 Cup of brown sugar
1. Take one cup of coffee grinds and half a cup of brown sugar( preferably organic) in a bowl.
2. Add slightly warm coconut oil to the bowl.
3. Mix it well and enjoy the DIY coffee scrub.
The coffee scrub is one of the most popular body scrubs. It helps vanish the stubborn cellulite and gives you the most silky smooth skin. It can be easily made using ingredients available in your own pantry. People with any skin type can use this body scrub.
2. Sugar Scrub
2 Cups of white Sugar/ brown Sugar
1.5 Cup of coconut oil/ olive oil
5 Drops vanilla essential oil(optional and can be replaced by any other essential oil you prefer)
1. Take two cups of white sugar or brown sugar(whichever kind you prefer)
2. Add one and a half cups of lukewarm coconut oil (olive oil if you want extra nourishment) to the sugar.
3. Mix both the ingredients well.
A sugar scrub is one of the most basic body scrubs. It is very easy to make and very effective. It exfoliates the skin to bring up fresh and radiant skin. This body scrub makes shaving a dream. It also makes the skin clearer, softer and silky smooth. You can always add your choice of essential oils to the scrub.
3. Green Tea Scrub
1. Cup of sugar
2. Green tea bags
3. Tablespoon of coconut oil
1. Brew one tea bag of green tea in half a cup of water and let it cool down.
2. In a separate bowl mix one tea bag of green tea, melted coconut oil and one cup of sugar.
3. Now add the cooled green tea to the bowl with the other ingredients.
4. Mix all the ingredients well and enjoy the amazing body scrub.
Green tea, as we all know is rich in antioxidants and can be used to make an excellent DIY green tea scrub. The body scrub is very relaxing and very calming for the skin. The green tea in the scrub polishes away the dead cells to give way to a clearer and more radiant skin. It is great if you need a pick me up. People with sensitive skin should definitely give this body scrub a try.
4. Peppermint Scrub
1/2 Cup of sugar/ salt(if you want a stronger exfoliation)
1/2 Cup of coconut oil
25-30 Peppermint leaves/15-20 Drops of peppermint essential oil
1. Blend 25-30 peppermint leaves in a blender or crush using a mortar and pestle.
2. Mix half a cup of sugar or salt and half a cup of coconut oil in a bowl.
3. Put the crushed or blended peppermint leaves in the oil and sugar mixture. If you don’t have peppermint leaves, just add 15-20 drops of pure peppermint essential oil.
The peppermint scrub is a magic in a bottle. This amazing body scrub gives a mild tingling sensation. This body scrub is great for detoxifying the skin. A regular use will help soothe the skin and make it silky smooth. People with sensitive skin should stay away as it can irritate your skin.
5. Banana Sugar Scrub
1 Ripe Banana
1 Cup of White Sugar
1/2 Cup of Organic Honey
1. Mash a ripe banana in a bowl.
2. Add a cup of sugar and half a cup of organic honey to the bowl and mix well.
A banana sugar scrub is a dream scrub for the dry skinned ones. This body scrub works as a charm to scrub off the dead skin. Also, the honey makes it extremely moisturizing. It makes your skin radiant and soft in just one use. Once you use this amazing body scrub, you will never turn to a store bought one.
6. Vanilla Lavender Scrub
1 Tablespoon of Vanilla Beans/ Vanilla Essence
1 Cup of Brown Sugar/ White Sugar
5-10 Drops of Lavender essential oil
1/2 Cup of Coconut oil
1. Mix half a cup of warm coconut oil, one tablespoon of vanilla essence/ beans and some drops of lavender essential oil in a bowl.
2. Add the mixture to the sugar.
3. Add 10 drops of vitamin e oil if you want extra hydration.
4. Add lavender buds if you want.
This vanilla lavender scrub will bring the spa to your house. The body scrub brings the benefits of exfoliation from the sugar, hydration from the coconut oil and immense relaxation from the vanilla and lavender scent. This body scrub is for all skin types. It is a must after a long day of work to pamper yourself a silky smooth skin.
7. Salt and Lemon Body Scrub
1/2 Cup of Salt
2 Tablespoons of Epsom salt
2-4 Tablespoons of Olive oil
1. Mix half a cup of salt and 2 tablespoons of Epsom salt in a bowl.
2. Slowly stir in 2-4 tablespoons of olive oil into the mixture.
3. Squeeze a full lemon into the bowl, and mix well.
The salt and lemon scrub is a summer favorite. It gives soft smooth skin and is just so refreshing. The scrub clarifies the skin and helps remove the sun spots. It is a must for the girls who shave as it gives a far closer shave. This body scrub is specially recommended for oily skin people.
You can always customize these body scrubs to your needs and preferences. Go give a try making these easy DIY body scrubs. You are sure to have tons of fun making them. They are sure to give you a thorough exfoliation and silky smooth skin.