Natural oil produced by the body helps us in keeping the skin healthy. But more of anything is bad. And as we know, oily skin can be a real pain in the ass. It is also very hard to deal with. Accumulation of oil on the outer layer of the skin can lead to blackheads, whiteheads, pimples, and other skin irritation.
Reasons for oily skin –
2) unbalanced diet
4) hormonal changes due to puberty
5) sometimes during menstrual cycle
6) pregnancy or menopause
7) sometimes due to birth pills
It is difficult to manage oily skin and it is not necessary that we always use chemical based products to get rid of it. Personally, I prefer getting rid of the oil naturally and the best party? No side effects!
Here are a few ingredients and remedies that can help you to get rid of oily skin naturally!
1) Tomatoes –
Tomatoes have natural oil absorbing seeds which absorb the excess oil from the skin. The vitamin C content in tomato is very helpful for acne prone skin. Tomatoes contain natural oil aborning acids which help us get rid of oily skin.
Tomato mask –
– Cut a tomato in half and rub it on your skin.
– Allow the juice to soak into your skin for at least 15 minutes.
– Rinse your skin with cold water and pat it dry.
2) Cucumbers –
Cucumbers have cooling astringents and soothing properties. It has vitamins A and E, magnesium, and potassium which are advantageous for oily skin.
Cucumber mask –
– Mix one teaspoon of cucumber juice and lime juice.
– Apply it to your skin and let it dry.
– Wash your face with warm water.
– Do this daily.
3) Lemon juice –
Lemon contains citric acid and antiseptic properties that can lighten skin discolorations. It can also help to restore the skin’s pH balance.
Lemon pack –
– Mix one teaspoon of lemon juice with one-half teaspoon of water.
– Apply it on your skin.
– Leave it for 10 mins and wash your face with warm water.
– Repeat it once everyday.
4) Milk –
Milk can make oily skin smooth and soft. It is a great oil free cleanser. The skin can be gently exfoliated due to milk and hence can maintain the natural pH balance of the skin.
Milk mask –
– Mix three drops of lavender oil with two tablespoons of milk.
– Apply the mixture on your face using a cotton ball.
– Massage the skin for a few minutes to improve blood circulation and then go to sleep.
– In the morning, wash your face with cold water.
– Do this daily.
5) Aloe vera –
Using aloe vera is an excellent cure for acne prone oily skin. It contains anti-bacterial properties and can absorb excess oil from the face.
Aloe vera mask –
– Cut an aloe vera leaf in half and extract the gel.
– Apply the gel on your face.
– Let it dry and then wash your face with clean water.
– Do this two or three times a day.
Cleanse your pores and get a more pleasing look by using these remedies. Also, one big advantage of having an oily skin is that it ages better and develops fewer wrinkles. But the most important thing is to improve your diet like eating more and more fruits and vegetables and cutting out on processed food will help you make your skin awesome.