Dandruff is a condition of the scalp that causes flakes of skin to appear. It is a common condition, which is marked by itching. Sometimes it can be embarrassing and not easy to treat.
But there are certain ways in which we can control dandruff. Most of the times when the problem is not so severe anti dandruff shampoos can do wonders. But when the dandruff is severe, a medicated shampoo will be required.
Reasons to occur –
1) Dry skin
2) Irritated oily skin
3) Growth of bacteria or fungus on the scalp
4) Inflammatory skin conditions
How to treat dandruff at home?
Dandruff can be controlled by following a healthy hair care routine. There are certain home remedies which you can try to get rid of this problem permanently. I have listed few of them below –
1) Coconut Oil –
Coconut oil contains anti fungal properties. And due to this factor it can help remove dandruff. Moreover it also moisturizes dry scalp and provides relief from itching.
– Take coconut oil and mix half the amount of lemon juice
– Apply it on your scalp and massage for a few minutes
– Wash your hair after 20 minutes
2) Baking Soda –
Being a mild exfoliate, baking soda helps remove dead skin cells and absorbs excess oil. It also helps balance the pH level on the scalp. The growth of fungi that causes dandruff is also reduced because of baking soda.
– Wet your hair
– Rub a handful of baking soda onto your scalp
– Rinse your hair with warm water after a couple of minutes
– Repeat once/twice a week
DO NOT USE SHAMPOO ON YOUR HAIR AFTER THIS TREATMENT
3) Tea Tree Oil
It is a good treatment for dandruff due to the strong anti-fungal properties it posses.
– Just add a few drops of tea tree oil in your regular shampoo when you wash your hair
– Add one drop of the essential oil per ounce of shampoo
– Dilute the tea tree oil by adding a few drops of it to a tablespoon of olive/coconut oil
– Apply it on your hair and leave it for 30 minutes and then wash your hair
– Repeat this once or twice a week
Ever thought that a tablet can cure your dandruff? Surprised? Well don’t be! Aspirin contains an acid called salicylic acid that exfoliates your scalp and controls dandruff.
– Crush two aspirins and make a fine powder. Mix this with your shampoo
– Massage this mixture onto your scalp and leave it for few minutes
– Now rinse your hair and if the powder stays in your head then wash it again with normal shampoo
5) Lemon Juice
Lemon juice helps fight the fungi that causes dandruff. The acids present also help relieve itching on the scalp.
– Mix few teaspoons lemon juice with a little water
– Simply massage this thing on your scalp and leave it for 5 minutes
– Rinse it out and shampoo your hair
– Repeat few times a week
6) Olive Oil
Extra virgin olive oil is an effective natural moisturizer. It can cure scalp dryness.
– Heat some extra virgin olive oil until its slightly warm
– Massage it on your scalp and wrap your hair in towel
– Leave it for 45 minutes and then wash your hair with shampoo
– Repeat this few times a week
By using these easy home remedies you can get rid of dandruff permanently and can flaunt your sexy hair.
Until the next post,