This is such a classic lifestyle post and although a lot of people tend to steer clear of accepting it, I would say the truth. Yes, I love seeing what’s in other people’s handbags! It’s so much fun to discover a few new things and well, who doesn’t like being a tad bit nosey.
Coming back to today’s post, I took a picture of my regular handbag along with its contents on my bright yellow blanket (because, better background) so you can see the what all is in MY tote.
Note- My bag was full of petrol and parking receipts, random hair ties that magically disappear when I need them and tangled headphones just like anyone else and this is a more ‘sorted’ version of my handbag to make it look more presentable and clutter-free.
This bag is such a stunner and a statement piece on its own. It’s an Alexander Wang and I bought it last March. This was from their rocker collection or something similar *I think*. This is the only full size, black handbag I own because I felt black handbags add a lot of extra baggage to any outfit. I only bought this star because of the metal detailing (we are talking studs) and its enviable velvet texture. This tote is big enough to carry a lot of things which is perfect for college and even short trips.
- A full size scarf. This blue-ombre scarf is a head turner and very light, which makes it appropriate for both summer and fall.
- Wet wipes.
- Ray ban cat eye sunglasses in hazel.
- A journal. I particularly like this one because of its unique aztec print.
- Headphones. Oh, what a complete necessity in EVERY handbag that we own. Even though they disappear when we run our hands through our bags in a hurry, these babies come handy during boring meetings/classes, long travelling hours and every other situation.
- Hairband. This twisted floral headband from Forever 21 is a such a classic. It keeps hair away from my face during humid days AND looks cute while doing so. A win win situation!
- Hairbrush. I am as particular about my hair tools as I am about my hair. This Denman hairbrush magically adds volume to your roots when brushed right. And no, I am not exaggerating.
- A few boring pens and pencils.
- Wallet. I have had this MK clutch since forever and it doesn’t look a tad bit older. I adore this wallet because it’s such a classic piece to have and also because the color goes so well with every bag that I put this baby in. It usually has some cash, my cards, a few important receipts from college and my identification cards.
As they say, save the best for the last; I did. My blue-white striped makeup pouch contains all my essentials that I need on the go. It is always better to carry a separate bag for makeup and other essentials as they might get mixed with the other things and leak or cause some sort of distress. My makeup bag contains:
- Dettol anti-bacterial wipes. For all those nasty germs which might cause breakouts or acne.
- Maybelline hyper curl volume express mascara. Hello va va voom lashes!
- Votre spray on suncreen. Even though I never step out of my house without sunscreen, I prefer to keep one handy just in case I need to re-apply it anytime during the day.
- Malvara moisturizer. This moisturizer not only moisturizes well but also smells amazing which is a definite plus.
- Ananda light face moisturiser. This cream is very light in texture and oh-so-perfect for summers.
- Be a bombshell one stick in the shade sunset. Multi purpose stick with an amazing bronzy glow? Hell, yea!
- Lipsticks. Had to add an “s” because I am a lipstick addict with absolutely no guilt. Even though my lippies keep changing with every new buy and every other handbag, my current favourites are the LA splash cosmetics lip couture in midnight, Maybelline lip polish in coral and Colorbar lipstick in peach crush.
- Compact mirror.Hands down the cutest item in my handbag is my little compact mirror from Forever 21. This is such a steal and an absolute must have as it is cheap, sturdy, has a very high quality mirror AND just look at that print. It says “take me away” in a bright neon shade with pastel pink underneath. How can anyone not fall in love with this baby?!